Today I am very excited to announce that we are releasing our first ever ExecuteAutomation android application on Google play
The application is not really going to show you static web pages rendered within an web view of android, rather it’s going to be an all new application written natively for android from complete ground up to showcase all the videos released in YouTube so far (400+ videos)
ExecuteAutomation android application UI is designed by keeping simplicity in mind, its much faster, lighter (< 2 Mb), interactive and easy to use.
Figure 1 Interactive UI
The above screenshot shows all the common features and functionalities one would ever need to use this application from their mobile phone, hence I am really not going to write to much about the application in this post.
About Developer behind application (the great mind)
Please go ahead and download the application and give your rating and comments on the playstore and don’t forget to report any issues that you are facing, since the application is still in beta J
Here are our winners list of code-a-thon 2017 event happened on April 22nd
Here are some words from Winners
|I really liked the questions asked in contest which were really practical and day to day activity stuff of an Automation Engineer. Thanks for providing option for us to attend this code-a-thon remotely . Also I would like to share that one of the scenario mentioned in the contest(Publishing site in sitecore) which is related to iframes handling is one of the question which I ask frequently in the interviews which I take in my current organization.
I know ExecuteAutomation because of you. I follow you and ExecuteAutomation on LinkedIn, Udemy, YouTube and upcourse ExecuteAutomation site. Also In Udemy I have opted for one of your course “Cucumber with Selenium Java” few months back and also I watched some of the Docker related videos in Youtube. Whenever I get free time, I would be going through the blogs and I can say that ExecuteAutomation is obviously one of them I refer .
|As this is the first time i am joining such event, I am quite pleased with the overall setup of the competition.
The instructions of the competition are clear and the event committee treat all participant nicely.
The competition itself is a bit tricky as I never use protractor in my career and it did costed me a lot of time to figure out how things work in protractor
Protractor itself is not the main requirement but having that is indeed is a big plus with addition to cucumber and typescript
Other than that, the food are nice and the shirt is cool
|I was happy to take part in this code-a-thon. The event was organized at the highest level. No any delays – all in time. Tasks were interesting and not so simple, especially second.
There were few moments which I’ve done before for work projects. Thanks a lot for Karthik KK and Sitecore for this cool event! And special thanks to Karthik because of his YouTube channel and courses on Udemy. Very helpful for work!
We have already contacted winners with their details to
- Get their availability to discuss with Sitecore
- Will also contact for bank account details to wire-transfer the bounty.
Thank you all the 55 global participants to make this event a great success!!!
I am very happy to announce that we are all set for most important event of our lifetime as a human being, the #ExecuteCharity campaign for year 2017, one of my personal favorite event, which let me do something for the society where I am struck right now 🙂
Last year from our #ExecuteCharity campaign we collected money from across the globe and helped to serve food for 25 students for one full year, which is really a proud moment.
This year we are going to do the same thing in the continuation of the success from last year !
What should you do to donate ?
Here is the link to register yourself for donation http://www.bit.do/eacharity, once registered with valid email address, we will get back to you with bank details to transfer the amount you have mentioned the registration form.
When will be last date of donation ?
As of now, its going to be from May 1st to May 31st, so hurry up to start donating.
Last year ExecuteCharity Event
Here are some pictures and video of ExecuteCharity campaign happened last year
I am hoping to donate more than double of students from last year, hope you will help this happen.
Once again, thank you very much for your support !
Agenda of Code-a-thon Event (April 22nd)
Registration of contestants – 9 AM
Breakfast – 9 AM – 9:30 AM
Sitecore event address – 9:35 AM – 10 AM
Code-a-thon morning session begins – 10 AM – 12 Noon
Lunch break – 12 Noon – 1 PM
Code-a-thon afternoon session begins – 1 PM to 4 PM
Snacks and Drinks – Up to 5 PM
Code-a-thon Terms and Condition
- All the participants will be sent email on the event date (April 22nd ) with following information
- Application (A) to be automated with its URL
- Application (B) to be automated with its URL
- Scenario for the specific part of application to be automated
1. Both (A) and (B) MUST need to be automated within the given time frame
2. Application(s) MUST need to be automated using Selenium/Protractor/Cucumber combo
3. Languages can be C#/Java/Typescript
4. Once applications are automated, the code MUST need to be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org email address in ZIP format within 1 hour of event ends.
Code written for Application (A) and (B) with
- Complete working scenarios
- Best coding practise
- Same automation framework used for both (A) and (B)
- Mentioned Language and tool used at its fullest
Are considered as Winners of the competition
- We will announce winner from exactly 1 week from the day of event via Email
- Winners will be getting cash awards in their bank account via wire-transfer (bank accounts will be asked in step 1)
The event will be live here
In this post we will discuss an Introduction and Installation of Typescript
- Typescript as its name adds type(s) enforcement which JS wont
- Typescript has much neat easy to maintain
- Typescript has cross-platform support
Where typescript is used in automation testing ?
- Well, its everywhere now wherever JS based framework is used, somewhere like
- 1. AngularJS
- 2. Protractor (testing tool for AngularJS app)
- 3. Jasmine
- 4. WebdriverIO
Here is the complete video of above discussion
Here is the Installation of Typescript video tutorial in Visual Studio Code Read more
I am very excited to share this great news that ExecuteAutomation and Sitecore Malaysia (World’s best customer experience management platform) has joined hand to host first ever Automation testing Code-a-thon contest at Sitecore Malaysia located @ Menara binjai, Kuala lumpur, which means people from Malaysia can participate in this event physically and rest of the world can participate from their countries if they have just internet connectivity.
Here is an quick introduction video of the event
Event now available globally
What’s the Rules and regulation of the event ?
- Automation testing tool should be Selenium + Protractor
- Code written along with Cucumber will be great and have high weightage
Where is the event happening?
|22 April 2017 (Saturday)
Sitecore Malaysia Sdn. Bhd
Level 18, Menara Binjai
No. 2 Jalan Binjai
What’s the bounty ?
- Winner will be given cash prize of RM 2, 000 from ExecuteAutomation
- Next two runner-ups will be given cash prizes from Sitecore
- And all the three winners will be invited for Sitecore interview by skipping most of technical rounds, since they have already proved to be technically STRONG.
- We also give our brand logo T-shirts
Where to register myself ?
Hope its going to be an very exciting platform to showcase your automation skills and an great opportunity to work with us @Sitecore Malaysia.
See you there !
I am very happy for Executeautomation and its growth, we now are with 3 Million+ visitors and still counting. The momentum of ExecuteAutomation has picked up really well in past 1 year and I don’t see anywhere the growth is going to slow down, rather it will double as there are many new open source automation videos are planned for this years
Thank you for making this happen !