In this post we will discuss writing some simple code with Selenium C# in Visual Studio IDE. In the last post we referenced our Selenium WebDriver and Chrome driver via Nuget package manager in our project. Please read my previous post to get started with selenium referencing in Visual Studio IDE.
Once you are done with setup (referencing), you are all set you write a simple code.
Here is the code snippet
//Create the reference for our browser
IWebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver();
//Navigate to google page
//Find the Search text box UI Element
IWebElement element = driver.FindElement(By.Name("q"));
//Close the browser
In the above code snippet, we have
- Created an instance for IWebDriver and got the instance for ChromeDriver
- Navigate to Google home page
- Found the Search textbox of google home page
- Searched for execute automation by typing the text
- Close the driver instance (which closes the chrome browser)
Here is the complete video for the above explanation
Thanks for watching the video and reading the post !!
Please leave your comments and let me know if there is anything need to be improved in the post !!!